CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

BR2-14 FOOD AND DRINK IN BRITAIN

When it comes to food and drink in Britain, What comes up in your mind? As for me, I imagine a lot of things such as scorns, short bread, chocolate fudge, fish and chips, and afternoon tea. This book introduce us a lot of things about food and drink in Britain.
What's your favorite British food? I especially like short bread. It's sooooOOOooo yummy! Have you ever tried authentic ones? You can enjoy authentic short bread here in Kumamoto. Did you know that? In Myotaiji on Route 3 near Kokai-shotenngai, there is a British sweet shop called Tomi's short bread house. The owner is a Japanese lady Yuki-san who lived in London and Paris for years. She learned confectionery production at a famous confectionery school "Le Cordon Bleu" in London. She worked at some famous hotels as a pâtissière in London and Paris. It would be a waste not to try her wonderful confectioneries! Visit her shop or you can also order them through the Internet. Visit her web site. I'm sure you'll get hooked on her amazing sweets;)
I want to introduce one more person who is a very famous chef Jamie Oliver not only in Britain but also all over the world. He became famous as an idol chef with his TV program "Naked Chef". You can rent it on DVDs at TUTAYA. He's cute in the program! He's not literally naked tough ;p
I've heard some people say that British food is not tasty but It's not true for sure! They just weren't lucky and didn't have chance to get to know of delicious food in Britain. British food is yummy for sure!!
[275 words][13197words in total][1803words to go]

0 comments: