CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

BR2-15 Leonardo da Vinci

Speaking of Leonardo da Vinci, his great painting Monna Lisa comes up in my mind first. Tons of people know that he was one of the greatest painters. I am also one of them. When I saw his work Monna Lisa for the first time, I don't exactly remember when it was though, I couldn't help feeling frightened. That's because the woman on his painting was so realistic and her smile was eerie as if seeing into my mind. I mean his works are very powerful and the works amuse all the people who saw his work for the first time. Then, how many people know about his life? If you know nothing about his life but only his paintings, I recommend you to read this book.


In this book, you can learn about his life and works with breif English. Futhermore, it introduces reproductions of most of his famous works and Internet links to recommended websites.


In the end, let me introduce some of my favorite paintings of him.




















Look at these two pictures. The left one is " the Virgin of the Rocks" in the Louvre Musium and the right one is "the Virgin of the Rocks" in London the National Garally. The Louvre one is said to be original. In the movie "da Vinci code", one of the characters explains that da Vinci put some messages in the painting. They look almost same but there are some differences. Can you find the differences? Check the answer on Wikipedia.

[251 words][13448 words in total][1552 words to go]

0 comments: