CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 6, 2009

The 7th day of my trip to America: Thank You Dinner

On the 7th day in America on my trip this summer, my company Y and I cooked curry and rice for our American friends. That's because when I told them that we wanted to visit America this summer in March, they offered us to stay at their house for about 1 week. They are always nice to us so we wanted to cook some Japanese food. I chose curry and rice for thank you dinner( actually it's supper;p) I took curry paste from Japan.




Last time I stayed at their house, I cooked some Chirashi-zusi and Tamago-yaki. But thay didn't like Chirashi-zusi. I was a little warried if they would like curry. Fortunately, they seemed to like it because they ate them all!! They especially liked Japanese rice.(I took pre-cooked rice from Japan.) That's because rice in America is not sticky at all and texture is not that good like Japanese rice. Viva Japanese rice!

After the dinner my friend D made a special cake for us:D


They call it brown cake as I recall(I don't remember exactly;<) and it's her mother's recipe:) The inside sponge was like Japanese steamed ban and I loved it very much;) Thank you Nay-san!(I call her Nay-san because she's like my sister!)


We played some games after eating the cake and went to bed:)


[220 words][11421 words in total][3579 words to go]




0 comments: