CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

BR2-18 The History of the English Language


In present days, countless people study English as a foreign language all over the world. That's because English is one of the most powerful languages. Sometime last year, a friend of mine, whose mother tongue is English, told me that I couldn't talk rings around him because my mother tongue is Japanese. I was a little shocked to hear that but his words motivated me to study English. It's not enough that you can translate your Japanese into English, I think. You have to be able to think like English native speakers, because the way they think is quite different from the one of Japanese people. therefore, you should know how English language was created and the background of English native speakers; such as their religions, cultures, and habits. This book introduces you a brief history of English language with simple English. I think it's a part of the necessary knowledge for English learners. Read it and improve your English!
[160 words][14860 words in total][140 words to go]

0 comments: