I'm sure Audrey Hepburn is known to many people worldwide. I think she's also one of the great people all over the world. She was a very famous actress and acted very well in many famous movies but it's not only the reason why she is one of the great people.
As you know, she acted in very famous movies such as "Roman Holiday"" Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "My Fair Lady" . In her 50's, her life as a movie star changed. She came to think of doing something more important with her life. She came up with an idea of helping poor and hungry children. That was because she was poor and hungry in her early years. She started to work for United Nations and visited Africa, which was the poorest and most dangerous countries in the world. She visited sick kids in imperfectly-equipped dirty old hospitals. She spent her time in towns with no water. She also appeared on TV and let people know about her work.When she came back from Africa in 1992, she was very sick and it got worse. The next year on January 20, she passed away.
All the time when I read a book about a great person, I talk to myself if I can do the same thing if I were in the great person's shoes. I could never answer the question. Of course I want to help poor people but actually it's not easy. I don't underestimate myself because I don't help poor people. I think just thinking about it is enough and it affects people's life. I love reading great people's books and recommend it to everybody.
[277 words][8895 words]
Saturday, June 27, 2009
BR1-10: Audrey Hepburn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment