CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Essay1-03a : Prof. Animation

I have seen many products of Lilo and Stich at shopping areas but I've never seen the animation. I have been thinking that it was about a little girl's life in nature with her cute pet but actually it was a kind of science fiction animation. The first part of the movie portrays how Stich get to the Earth and meets Lilo. Therefore, I thought the movie was just for enjoyment for kids to see movies. After watching the movie, I realized that adults can also enjoy this movie.

Why I think adults can also enjoy an animation is because one of the main themes of this movie, I think, is guardianship. The main character Lilo and her sister lost their parents and they lived alone. Lilo's sister had tried hard to bring up Lilo but she couldn't earn much money and they were poor. Lilo couldn't get along with her classmates at school because she couldn't afford to own toy's like them. Furthermore, Lilo was unique and her classmates sometimes make fun of her so she often fought against them. Lilo couldn't make any friends and she thought it was because she doesn't have parents and she was poor. Can only parents fulfill guardianship? Isn't Lilo's sister enough to fulfill guardianship?

The other day, on TV, I watched a documentary about a single mother who had three boys. The mother didn't work and got financial support from Japan's government. People may think that she should work. I thought so at first too. However, she actually COULD NOT work because she worked very hard before, not only bringing up her kids, and she got depression. The point is bringing up children costs a lot of money and power. Single guardians need a support from the government for sure. However, in this movie, a government official comes to check their life and try to take Lilo away. I doubt if it's really good for kids. At least government shouldn't do that to single guardians who try hard to bring up their children. I think all they need is support(not only financially).

One more interesting aspect of this movie, I think, is that you can see some Hawaiian culture in this movie. At school, Lilo practices a Hawaiian dance "Hula". The music for dancing fula is so merry and the costume for fula is colorful. They wear costumes made by leaves and leis made with flowers. Watching fula is so relaxing and I like it very much. I want to try it when I have chance.

When I was in elementary school, I danced a Japanese traditional dance called "Ushibuka haiya bushi" with my classmates. This is one of the famous traditional dances in my prefecture. It's so powerful and energetic unlike fula. However I enjoyed dancing it a lot and I got power from that. I think any kind of dance is enjoyable. I still remember that I practiced hard with my classmates. Children grow friendship through practicing something hard together.

I thought I couldn't find any deep theme from animation films but actually I learned a lot from Lilo and Stich. I came to think that animation films are enjoyable both children and adults. I think sometimes you should try something which you are not interested in. I'm sure you can find something new and important in it. I suppose having a narrow taste means having narrow ideas and widen your world is important in your life.
[576 words][9471 words]

0 comments: