CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

BR2-01 Voting


Last Sunday, new Japan's ruling party was born by the vote of the people of Japan. We can say that the result is logical. The defeated party, the Liberal Democratic Party, has taken control of Japan's politics for almost a half century but I doubt if they have purely carried out politics for the benefit of the nation. I don't think the new ruling party, the Democratic Party of Japan, can turn the economic around drastically. I think the result is the voice of people of Japan and the voice doesn't mean that they strongly support DPJ but they can't trust LDP anymore. Whatever the case, voting has strong power. I wonder what voting is all about. I don't know the origin and history of voting at all. I chose this book to learn more about voting.

According to this book, the history of voting started over 2000 years ago in Greece. The Greeks voted for the candidates who they wanted to govern their city. The citizen, however, voted for the candidates who they didn't want to govern their city sometimes. The elected ones had to leave the city.

Today, Voting is done with computers in some countries whereas it is done by writing on paper and counted by human hands in Japan. The countries where all adult citizen have right to vote for choosing their leader is called democracies and Japan is one of the countries. People can vote without others knowing who they voted for and the system is called secret ballot.

I have a right to vote and I went voting. I am not going to tell on this blog who and which party I voted though. I actually didn't want to vote any one and any party. That is because All the parties' manifestos are unrealistic. I wonder how they bring them off and where all the money to achieve them comes from. I strongly hope the new ruling party carries out better politics.
[329 words]

1 comments:

mangi madang said...

Hello Takako.

I understand what you wrote politics in Japan.
However voting is our duty and also our right. It is difficult to change easy, but we just expect something will change.
I'm looking forward next election. I think next election will be real.

Toshi