This post is the continuation of a fore going post entitled "The second day of my trip to America"
Our plane left Taiwan at 16:40 on August 3rd and we spent about 12 hours on the plane. About One hour later the take-off, our first in-flight meal was served. There were two selections which were "something( I don't remember well but as I remember it was beef) with rice" or "chicken with mashed potatoes" and I selected chicken with mashed potatoes since I knew that they didn't use sticky rice for in-flight meal and the rice served was dry and tasted terrible. (If you take a cheap flight of foreign-affiliated companies, I recommend you not to choose rice!!!!)
During the flight, I made really good friends with individual monitor in front of me because I had nothing else to do!!!! She entertained me with all her might and main;)
After 12 hour flight, we finally arrived at Los Angeles International airport!! We left Taiwan at 16:40 on the 3rd and arrived America at 14:05 on the 3rd!!!!! I felt soooo wired but tried to ignore that feeling not to get a jet lag.
At the baggage claim, first problem occurred........ I finished immigration examination earlier than my friend so I walked to the baggage claim, which was in front of the immigration section(only about 5 meters away), and got our baggages and waited for her. I saw her being examined at one of the boothes so I went in front of the booth and.......lol she disappeared!!!!! How can she miss me in such a small area! I waited for her a while. I felt it a long time. I asked one of the workers there if somebody was taken to a room for further investigation but he wasn't sure. What I could was just waiting so I waited at the baggage claim. While I was waiting, One of the workers talked to me. He was nice and tried to make me relax. I enjoyed chatting with him. In time, She showed up and I was so relieved:) She said that she got a wrong disembarkation card on the airplane(It was not her fault) and had to fill out a correct form going back to the last of the waiting line.
We were supposed to meet up with my friends, which was my host family when I came to America last time four years ago, at the airport but I realized that we didn't plan where in the airport to meet arrrrrrrgh lol How come could I forget it lol
Luckily my host mom gave me her cell phone number so I headed to a pay phone, picked up the phone, dropped a quarter into the slot and......arrrrrrrrgh out of range????? What can I do???
I tried to search for them at the nearest exit once again and.........There they were!!!!!! My host mom and I gave a big hug each other! I almost cried because I still couldn't believe that I could see them again in person!!!
I introduced my company to them and left LAX for their town about 2 hours away from LA. On the way home, we stopped by at a restaurant. It was the same one which we went on the first night of my last stay!!!
After dinner, we finally arrived home!!! Everything was same and it reminded me of my last stay there!!! We all were so tired that we went to bed early that night.
[581 words][2003 words in total][12997 words to go]
1 comments:
Hi, Takako
Long time no see^^ How have you been doing??
Did you have a nice trip to America? Actually, i have never been to America, so i want to go there in the near future...♪
Maiko
Post a Comment