CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

BR2-05 GARBAGE

According to this book, garbage for landfill comes from people's home the most, followed by Businesses and Building sites, in Australia. Australian people have been making an effort to reduce the amount of garbage by recycling, using their own bags instead of plastic bags.
In my town Kumamoto, using our own bag campaign has started at grocery stores. If you want a plastic bag you have to buy it at the cashier. Furthermore, from October, citizens can only use predetermined garbage bags when we throw away garbage. Quite a few people doubt if we can reduce garbage by doing this attempt but I have a positive thought about it. I don't think that it reflects to the amount of garbage so soon but I'm sure that it's going to be a good chance to make citizens be aware of the garbage problem. I think the first step to reduce garbage is trying not to buy unnecessary things. So before you buy something, think whether you really need it.
[168 words][2677 words in total][12323 words to go]

0 comments: