CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Essay 2-02b: Up with Fashion!!! Website Review Revision

Clothing is a good way to express what kind of person you are. You might wear formal clothes like suits and dresses in a formal situation such as workplaces and ceremonies like weddings. You might deck out when they go to school, on a date and some special occasions. Also, you might deck out when they start a sport newly. Whatever the case, outfits are your spokespersons. However there is always a trend in fashion and it changes seasonally and yearly. You always have to keep an eye on the trend if you are fashion-conscious.


In this essay, I want to introduce one of my favorite websites about fashion. I like a fashion magazine Glamour. I want to buy it monthly but it’s quite expensive to do that in Japan, so I searched for its website on the Internet and read it for free. The content are not exactly the same but you can get fresh information from the website. The website actually has more information than the magazine does and it’s more convenient for access to previous content.

There are two kinds of Glamour websites in English. One is BritishGlamour and the other is American Glamour. The British website consists mainly of eight areas which are beauty, celebrity, hair, fashion, love, health and lifestyle, our playlists, and dos and don’ts. American website also consists of eight areas which are fashion, beauty, love and life, health and fitness, shopping, horoscopes, video and “in the magazine”. They are slightly different from each other. You can not only get knowledge about fashion but also about various things such as What food is good to eat for maintaining your health, how to keep good relationships with your partner and friends, and how to handle your household budgets. I like most of them but I like “dos and don’ts” the best of all.

On the American “dos and don’ts” pages, you can check some ordinary women’s fashion. Some are fabulous and some are terrible. You can even vote on whether each fashion you think is do or don’t. Other viewers’ votes also appear on the page so you have chance to compare your fashion sense against the other viewers'. They are good pages to browse to find out what people on streets wear and you can know real fashion trends in the U.S.

On British “dos and don’ts” pages, the focus is on celebrities in the U.K. and U.S. You might be surprised to hear that British people are interested in American celebrities  but it's true. When you click either “do icon” or “don’t icon” above the each picture, the percentage of how many people agree with you appears. 

As for me, I think I have a standard fashion sense since a lot of people agree with my votes most of the time. Though I think you don't have to have the same fashion sense with others because fashion represents who you are. 


I like both Glamour websites. I’m sure you’ll get some new ideas about fashion, beauty, health, and lifestyle. Seeing is believing, so I would like you to check the websites.

[518 words][6555 words in total so far][8445 words to go]

0 comments: