CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Essay1-01b: Self-introduction revision

To. My host family,

Hello!! Nice to write you. My name is Takako. Thank you for being my host family. I’ll stay with you for six weeks this coming summer. Before arriving there, I want you to know about me so let me introduce myself in this letter.

First of all, I’ll write about my basic information. I live in Kumamoto Japan. I’m 152 cm tall so I’m short here I Japan. People may think I’m a child there! I have dark-brow eyes, black hair and pale orange skin. A photo attached to this letter is a picture of me. I go to KG University and I’ll be senior this coming April. I’m majoring in English and studying pedagogy to get a teaching license. I want to work at a junior high school or high school as an English teacher after graduating.

Next, I’ll tell you the things I like. I like listening to music, watching movies and TV, cooking and doing yoga. As for music, I often listen to Japanese and American pops. Corinne Bailey Rae, KT Tunstall, Stacie Orrico, The Ting Tings, Sheryl Crow, Cristina Aguilera ad many other American musicians’ songs are in my music player now. As for movies, my favorites are Ever After, Legally Blonde, Pirates of the Carribean, The Devil Wears Prada and other American movies. I can’t write down all of my favorites. They are too many. As for TV programs, I like watching Japanese and American dramas. Recently, a friend of mine introduced me to “Dexter” and I’m hooked on it. I also like Lost, Gray’s Anatomy, The L Word and other TV dramas. There are many American TV dramas at video rental shops in Japan so I can watch many American dramas in Japan. They are few years late though.

As for cooking, I’m into baking bagels right now. I found an easy recipe on the Internet. It’s really easy and quick. I’ll bake some during my stay there! Also, I like cooking curry. It’s very spicy! Do you like spicy food? If you like it I’ll cook it for you! As for yoga, I’ve just started recently. I have stiff muscles and I can’t pose properly yet but it’s enjoyable.

Have you ever had any Japanese food? What Japanese cuisine do you know and like? I'm sure Sushi is famous there, right? Do you like Sushi? If you like it, let's have a Sushi party!!! On a special occasion my family and I have do-it-yourself Sushi rolls Party!!! It's a lot of fun:) Also, "Natto" is other famous Japanese food. It's fermented soybeans. Have you ever heard of it? It's stinky and smelly so many people don't like it but it's healthy!! I want you to try once.

These are the things I like. Now you getting to know about me? I want to know about you too! Please write me back! If you have any questions about Japan, and me feel free to ask me any time. If we get to know more in advance, we can enjoy more together in America! I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely yours

Takako

[523words]

2 comments:

mangi madang said...

Hi Takako!
My name is Toshi, a commentator for you blog.

I can guess how much you are looking forward to home stay this comming summer because of your blog. Your host family can know much about you with your introduction.

I have an experience of home staying in Britain. When I stayed in Britain, my English was so terrible. Acutually I couldn't communicate with my host family well. However it was a great experience for me. Then I had been in Papua New Guinea for two years. I believe exeperience in Britain makes me easy to stay and communicate with Papua New Guinean people.

I hope you will have a great time with your hostfamily.

I'm looking forward to read your next blog.

Toshi

Takako said...

Hello Toshi! Thank you for the comment!

Have you been to Papua New Guinea!? Do they speak English there? What brought you there????

By the way, one of my friend is in Mr.Tomei's graduation thesis class and he is going to write about Papua New Guinea!